purple lotus yoga
online teacher certification
Deepen and advance your yoga teaching skills with online training.
At the 200-hour level, you’ve gained the confidence and basic skills you need to begin teaching, and now it’s time to take the next step. But you have a busy life: teaching, working, mom-ing. You’d love to run away to Bali (pre-Covid) and immerse yourself in yoga training, but let’s face it, that’s just not realistic.
You’re looking for not only more knowledge about philosophy, postures & prana, but some real world guidance in the particulars of earning a bigger paycheck. Perhaps you’re not 100% of what that looks like, but it’s getting harder to ignore the persistent tugging of your heart.
Become a certified yoga teacher online in 2021 and register with the Yoga Alliance.
This in-depth training program offers you a structured environment for earning your advanced certification. By completing both a 200-hour and a 300-hour training, you’ll become a 500-hour Advanced Yoga Teacher with Purple Lotus Yoga.
The Purple Lotus Yoga 300-hour program lasts for twelve months and focuses on philosophy, the more therapeutic styles of hatha yoga such as yin, restorative, chair, and Thai yoga. Round out your education with Eastern and Western Anatomy, Ayurveda, and Biz & Marketing Basics.
If you’re ready, embark on a journey into self-discovery while refining your talents as a yoga teacher.
Purple Lotus Yoga is a Registered Yoga School (RYS) with Yoga Alliance. Due to COVID-19, in-person trainings have shifted to online for the foreseeable future. Complete your 200-hour or 300/500-hour certification requirements by the end of 2021 and register with the Yoga Alliance as a Registered Yoga Teacher.
Years Training Experience
Years Online Experience
how does it work for 300-hour ytt?
- This comprehensive training provides a more expansive foundation for teaching through the deeper study of yoga in live online lectures, readings, and handouts.
- Weekend sessions are conducted in-person using the same format I’ve used for the last 18 years. (Dates + topics listed below.)
- The live Zoom sessions are for lectures, Q&A, and practice teaching to maximize engagement, interaction, community, and accountability.
- You’ll receive on-going support and mentorship throughout the training just as if you were attending in-person.
- You’ll receive access to the recorded in-person sessions hosted on Teachable.
- You will need to complete the REGISTRATION FORM in order to be considered enrolled and to receive emails with training information and class materials.
- Please see online completion requirements and deadlines below.
“I was able to combine my passions for learning, teaching & yoga. It opened the door for when I was ready to go to the next level.”
300-hour completion requirements + deadlines
- Attendance: Attend as many in-person Zoom sessions as possible. If you have to miss a session, you can catch up with the recorded videos on Teachable.
- Make Up: Those who make up their hours with the recorded sessions will need to complete (1) summary paper on the topic and (1) class plan and turn into the Director of YTT.
- Teaching: You will be asked to teach at least (1) yoga class to your session peers.
- Required Books: Each session comes with a list of resource books. You are highly encouraged to get these books as they enhance your learning experience.
- Project/Presentation: Each participant will select a topic to research, implement/execute, and then present to the session group. All participants present their project at the last session.
- Upon Completion: When you complete all the weekend sessions and other assignments, you will earn you advanced certificate of completion emailed to you as a PDF.
- Enrollment open: Training starts March 20-21, 2021 and enrollment will stay open since weekend sessions are recorded. You must complete the REGISTRATION FORM in order to be considered enrolled and to receive emails with training information and class materials.
- Philosophy + Pranayama: Dive deeper into the Yoga Sutras, Bhagavad Gita, and Hatha Yoga Pradipika. Add to your teacher’s tool box with five pranayama techniques.
- Anatomy: Discover your body’s inter-connectedness through Western anatomy, physiology, and biomechanics.
- Prenatal + Children’s Yoga: Expand your teaching experience with prenatal yoga and yoga for kids.
- Yin Yoga: Yin basics, how it differs from other styles, yin poses, props, and teaching pranayama and meditation along with yin.
- Ayurveda: Identify your dosha and apply findings to food, breathing exercises, yoga poses, and seasons of the year.
- Chair Yoga: Chair basics, how to adapt any pose to chair, props, class plans for different audience needs.
- Restorative: Restorative poses, using props, including meditation, and how to teach.
- Yoga Nidra + Meditation: Learn what it is, its benefits, and how to conduct yoga nidra.
- Chakras: Deeper dive into energetic anatomy through the seven major energy centers along your spine.
- Business Planning + Marketing: How to organize, plan, and market a workshop.
- Trauma-Informed Yoga: Gain a better understanding of how trauma affects individuals and how it might manifest during yoga classes.
- Thai Yoga*: Only for in-person if/when it resumes.
Zoom Dates + Times
Saturday/Sunday 9:30-5:30 with multiple breaks built in.
Shannon’s my best supporter. I love that she is down-to-earth and knows how to relate to you and what you’re going through.