purple lotus yoga
online teacher certification
Become a confident, qualified + certified teacher with online training.
- Been hearing the whisper to teach and learn more about yoga, but when you see pictures, you look nothing like the insta-teachers?
- Been researching yoga teacher training programs, but haven’t been able to commit because of scheduling conflicts or work and family obligations?
- Finally gotten serious about committing to yoga teacher training, but COVID-19 has everything sideways?
Now Imagine. . .
- When social distancing is eliminated, you’re already certified to teach and can lead yoga classes with confidence.
- You gained skills to not only help others, but to also help yourself through challenging times.
- You found a group of supportive individuals who share your passion for all things yoga, and enjoy life-long connections.
Become a certified yoga teacher online in 2021 and register with the Yoga Alliance.
This in-depth training program offers you a structured environment for transitioning into the rewarding role of teacher while continuing to live your life off the mat (work, kids, family).
You’ll learn the mechanics of hatha yoga (the most practiced form of yoga in the West) while developing the skills and confidence necessary to teach. This is an extensive program providing both instruction & practical experience.
Gain the skills, knowledge and confidence to impact your students on every level.
Purple Lotus Yoga is a Registered Yoga School (RYS) with Yoga Alliance. Due to COVID-19, in-person trainings have shifted to online for the foreseeable future. Complete your 200-hour or 300/500-hour certification requirements by the end of 2021 and register with the Yoga Alliance as a Registered Yoga Teacher.
Years Training Experience
Years Online Experience
how does it work for 200-hour ytt?
- Our comprehensive training provides a strong foundation for teaching yoga (and deepening your own practice) through detailed videos, readings, workbooks, handouts, and lectures.
- Lecture sessions have been recorded and follow the in-person format I’ve used for the last 18 years. The video lessons are available on the online learning platform Teachable.
- Each month attend the three live Zoom sessions for lectures, Q&A, and practice teaching to maximize engagement, interaction, community, and accountability.
- You’ll receive on-going support and mentorship throughout the training just as if you were attending in-person.
- Online participants receive lifetime access to the Purple Lotus Yoga 200-hour teacher training course hosted on Teachable.
- PLEASE SEE ONLINE COMPLETION REQUIREMENTS AND DEADLINES BELOW.
“The flexibility was the best – the online classes really helped me make teacher training a reality when, otherwise, it would never fit into my schedule with family and work, and it took away any possible anxiety about Covid-19 and social distancing issues.”
Topics covered in 200-hour ytt
Module 1 : Yoga Foundations
History and philosophy including classical forms, ancient texts, past and present influencers, styles of yoga, eight limbs, yamas and niyamas, basic Sanskrit, and ethics. Foundational poses.
Module 2 : Teaching Foundations
Sequencing, pacing, environment, verbal and physical cues, class management, creating an experience, and building your confidence, observing and mentoring. Sun salutation and symmetrical poses.
Module 3 : Breathing Foundations
How to, proper instruction for four main breathing techniques, anatomy of breathing, and pranayama. Diversity, inclusion, and equality. Cool-down and standing poses.
Module 4 : Meditation Foundations
How to, expectations, different practices, chanting, mudras, bandhas, how meditation affects nervous system, vagus nerve. Seated and balancing poses.
Module 5 : Anatomy Foundations
Ten major systems of the body, with special attention to muscles and bones, and how yoga impacts each one. Introduction into chakra system. Prone and supine poses.
Module 6 : Business Foundations
Registering with Yoga Alliance, insurance, pay expectations for private, corporate, studio, gym, and workshops. Arm balances and inversions. Practice teaching. Review for competency assessments.
Upon successful completion of the above six modules, you will be able to participate in the last components of teacher training certification: a practical (teach-back) and written exam.
When you enroll in Purple Lotus Yoga 200-hour yoga teacher training, you’ll also receive access to the Teach Private Yoga Now bonus training. Get all the information you need to teach private yoga and build a full client schedule.
200-hour completion requirements + deadlines
- Practice teaching: Throughout the training, you will practice teach different parts of a yoga class (centering, cuing postures, breathing, savasana, etc.). These assignments must be completed on a group Zoom call or recorded and shared with the director of yoga teacher training.
- Required Books: These books will enhance your learning experience: Heart of Yoga by TKV Desikachar, Anatomy of a Spirit by Caroline Myss, Four Agreements by Don Miguel Ruiz, and Key Muscles of Yoga by Ray Long.
- Tracking Form: Complete and turn in a tracking form that shows completion of all of the above.
- Teaching Demonstration: Participants will need to complete a final teaching demonstration. This can either be done during a designated Zoom session or a recorded video of you teaching.
- Written Test: Participants need to complete and pass (with 70% or better) a written test.
- Upon Completion: When you complete all of the assignments and turn in the tracking form, teaching demonstration, and written test, you will earn a certificate of completion emailed to you as a PDF. If completed before December 31, 2021, you may register with Yoga Alliance if you choose.
- Enrollment open: Start anytime. The training is self-paced with live support Zoom sessions on a rotating schedule.
Zoom session details
You will be expected to attend as many of the live Zoom sessions as possible. The monthly calls follow the below schedule:
1st Thursday of the month 7:30-9:00 CST
Live lecture of one of the rotating module topics ➡️
3rd Tuesday of the month 11:30 am -1:00 pm CST
Office hours, Q&A, Independent Study
4th Saturday of the month 10:30 am – 12:00 CST
Posture analyization and practice teaching
Module 1 | January, May, September
Module 2 | February, June, October
Module 3+4 | March, July, November
Module 5+6 | April, August, December