200-hour yoga teacher training
This in-depth training and coaching program offers you a structured environment for transitioning into the rewarding role of teacher while continuing to live your life off the mat (work, kids, family).
You’ll learn the mechanics of hatha yoga (the most practiced form of yoga in the West) while developing the skills and confidence necessary to teach. This is an extensive program providing more than 200 hours in instruction & practical experience. Gain the skills, knowledge and confidence to impact your students on every level.
All of Purple Lotus Yoga programs combine mind-body lectures, yoga classes, group activities, coaching sessions, and other self-enhancement exercises to deepen your understanding and knowledge of yoga and your self.
important yoga alliance updates
Yoga Alliance (YA) is increasing its standards for the 200-hour level. As a current Registered Yoga School, Purple Lotus Yoga has one year from its 2020 renewal to update to the new standards. To meet the new requirements, the length of time spent in teacher training must increase (and therefore the pricing too).
I have elected to make incremental upgrades through the next two sessions until I meet the new Yoga Alliance standards. The September 2019 session increases from 6 to 7 months. The April 2020 session increases to 8 months, and the January 2021 session will be 10 months and following the new YA standards.
If you’ve been on the fence about yoga teacher training, now is a great time to do it before the new standards take affect. Anyone who completes their 200-hour level with Purple Lotus Yoga before December 31, 2020 will be able to register with the Yoga Alliance under the current standards.
Please understand these new increased standards impact ALL current Registered Yoga Schools, not just Purple Lotus Yoga. The curriculum below shows the topics covered during Purple Lotus Yoga teacher training.
Hatha Yoga Essentials & Techniques: Deepen your own understanding while learning how to teach to others.
- Breakdown of 50 beginning to intermediate asanas including alignment and modifications in the five main categories of poses–standing, seated, prone, supine and inversion. Includes lecture, demonstration, personal exploration and outside homework.
- Basic breathing techniques and pranayama (they ARE different) as well as the physiological, mental and emotional benefits of four key breathing practices.
- Meditation is the art of stillness and quiet. Learn about the benefits and various methods for meditation including relaxation, guided imagery, and mantras.
Yoga Anatomy & Physiology: Study the physical and energetic anatomy of the human body.
- The 12 major systems of the body, their functions and how yoga impacts each one, providing physiological reasons and benefits.
- The Eastern tradition of chakras, the seven major energy centers of the body.
Methods of a Teacher: Learn teaching techniques culminated from a decade+ of experience (and mistakes).
- Structure & sequence a beginner to intermediate level class. Learn the four sections of class and the tips for creating a logical flow of postures.
- Learn tools of the trade and how to mix & match to create a unique class experience every time
- Ethics and the teacher’s role in a group class environment.
Yoga Humanities/Yoga Philosophy: Study the rich and ancient history of this self-realization practice.
- Basic history, including the key teachers who had the biggest impact on how we practice yoga today.
- Basic philosophy including the eight limbs and six major forms of yoga. Analyze and interpret the Yoga Sutras, and study how this ancient system is still applicable in the modern world.
- Evolution of yoga from a physical, mental, emotional and spiritual perspective, and how it grows to become a way of life, not just a set of postures.
‘What I received were ways to break free of that desire to fold into myself! I’ve expanded my vision more than I could ever have imagined. Shannon believes in me and in all her students.”
“I was driving home from teacher training and feeling choked up because a whisper of a dream from 2007 is becoming a reality. I’m so happy I found you and your teacher training. It’s been an exciting journey learning the ins and outs of yoga and teaching and learning more about myself in the process.”
Dates, Locations & Costs for sacred Space
Serving McKinney, Allen, Frisco, Plano
The 200-HR training is available in Weekend & Weekday options. Please check back frequently as additional sessions are added to the schedule. See below for additional locations.
2019-2020 NEW WeekEND Session Dates
All weekend training is currently conducted at Sacred Space in Frisco, TX 75033. For more information regarding our training home, click on the link.
2019-2020 NEW WeekDAY Session
All weekend training is currently conducted at my home yoga studio in Allen, TX 75013 with our favorite doggy mascot, Sookie. P.S. She is the chillest, friendliest, loving mascot around.
For more information:
Yoga teacher training is a huge investment in time + money, and it’s important for you to find the right program and the right mentor to guide you through this personal and professional journey. If you have ANY questions, please feel free to contact me directly via email. You can use the registration form when you’re ready to enroll.
200-Hour LevelPaid in Full Option
additional locations to serve you
The weekend training in Frisco and the weekday training in Allen are run by me, Shannon, but that’s not the only place you can get Purple Lotus Yoga training.
Many of my graduates have gone on to start their own yoga studios and asked to include Purple Lotus Yoga teacher training as part of their studio offerings. Each location is individually run but adheres to the standards and curriculum set forth by Purple Lotus Yoga.
No matter where you choose to study, you’re receiving the same quality training.
Click on the city location to get more details.